If you are in danger or in need of immediate medical care, call the emergency services on 999

If you ring 999 but can't talk, let the operator know you are there by coughing or tapping the handset, or by dialling 55

If you're deaf or hard of hearing, you can use the textphone service 18000 or text on 999 if you’ve pre-registered with the emergencySMS service



You can contact the Police for non-emergency enquiries on 101

If you're deaf or hard of hearing, you can use textphone service on 18001 101

NHS 111


NHS 111 can help if you need urgent medical help or you're not sure what to do

To get help from NHS 111, you can:

  • go to 111.nhs.uk (for people aged 5 and over only)

  • call 111

NHS 111 is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week

If you’re Deaf and want to use the phone service, you can use the NHS 111 British Sign Language service available in your country:

You can also call 18001 111 on a textphone